Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Happy Bday Hello Kitty!!!

So, November 1st was Hello Kitty's birthday. I planned to celebrate it a little differently this year, since it was her 35th birthday (wow, Hello Kitty is older than me).

For a couple of weeks, I planned to bake a cake with the Hello Kitty cake mold that I have. Also, I planned to use the extra batter to make cupcakes out of the Hello Kitty cupcake molds I have. These I would give to my coworkers.
It was my first time using the cake mold. Didn't know which instructions to use to bake the cake. Ended up taking almost an hour to bake. As you can see from the first picture, Hello Kitty has a nice tan to her (lol). I still think it looks cute.

With the cupcakes, I've used them before for chocolate cupcakes but white cake mix is so much different than chocolate cake mix. I have had bad experiences with white cake mix. So I tried my hardest to make this batch work.

After about 2 hours of baking, I had to wait for the cakes to cool down. What to do? I was going to play some HKO (Hello Kitty Online) but for some reason I wasn't that motivated. I think it was more I needed to catch up with all my errands that I didn't do. After I got back home from running errands, it was time for the cake and cupcakes to go into the refrigerator. Poor Hello Kitty, banished into the cold.

I'm not sure how long I left it in the fridge. Must have been 5 hours. Time for some decorations! I stuffed Hello Kitty's face with frosting. Sounds like a mean thing to do, but I didn't want to frost her face (lol).
For the cupcakes I left them in the cold a little long
er. I did the same time as the cake. Here's the finished product for my coworkers. (They are so spoiled).
So now, it was time to destroy all my hard work. Yup, that's right, time to eat Hello Kitty (lol). It's so hard to put a slice through all your hard work. I couldn't put it to waste.
So I did it. I cut Hello Kitty (T-T). I have to admit, Hello Kitty tasted really oishi!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment