Sunday, November 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Keani!!!


Today was Keani's 2nd birthday party.  What a day it was!  First off, NEVER go out clubbing till 4 A.M. when you have to go to a kid's birthday party the next morning.  Well, I think you can go clubbing till the wee hours of the morning as long as you don't drink as much as we did.  OMG 3 rum & cokes and 3 jagerbombs = hang over.  I was surprised I wasn't more sick, just dehydrated.

Anyways, enough of my drunken night.  It was a day of partying with little kids.  After less than 4 hours of sleep, I had to get ready for Keani's birthday party.  First I had to wrap his present.  I don't know why I wait till the last minute for things like this.  Plus I am so OCD that it took me 20 minutes to wrap the gift.  Majority of the time was making the bow.  So stupid, he's only 2 and his parents would probably just cut the bow off, but that's how I am. (^_^)


So of course almost everyone is there when I arrive.  Such a sluggish day for me (lol).  At first I thought it was going to be the family, but I forgot that Makana (Keani's older sister) is going to preschool so her friends were invited and so was Jayson's co-workers.  In all there were 15 kids at the party.  Plus a few extra "kids" (Erik, Nelson, Jasmine, etc. lol).

Of course the "kids" are in Erik's room playing on the computer.  Erik is glued to that thing.  He really needs a job!  Being unemployed this long is not good.  He's my age!  I would be thrown out of the house if I didn't have a job.  He's so spoiled that he gets to live rent free.  Free food, free utilities.  All this AND he doesn't have to work.  I guess all my anger is more jealousy (lol, yeah right).

Time for the party to really begin.  Time for the most important part of the party, FOOD! (lol)  So much food that I CANNOT eat.  But what I can eat is musubi and sushi, yay.  That's alright, I was still a little hung over.  The carbs did help a little with that.  After eating, I felt so tired.  While everyone was at the party, I went to Erik's room and just read my book.

After some time had passed, it was time for some games (Yay!).  These games were a little different than most birthday party games.  These were Japanese games.  So the first game was "How well do you know Keani?"  The people with the most wrong had to play the "batsu" game (punishment game).  This batsu game was the wasabi cupcake.  They had to pick a cupcake and the loser would be the one that found the wasabi cupcake.  The next game was putting the 10 recent presidents in order.  The batsu game was find the mini marshmallows.  The "losers" had to find 2 mini marshmallows in a pan of flour with their mouth.













Time for the kids favorite part of the party, CAKE!  The cake consisted of cupcakes, which all the kids were allowed to decorate.  What a bad idea.  Once they decorated the cupcakes, some of them started to eat them.  It was pretty funny, but unproductive.  Kids will be kids.


Now it's time for the birthday boy to see his birthday cake.  Time for some singing.  Yay, for Keani!

The party is winding down.  It's time to clean up.  The birthday boy doesn't want anything to do with the clean up.  Instead, he wants aunty Stacey to play.  So into the house he goes to get all his toys.  What a time for the hang over to resurface.  Who would have thought it can sneak up twice in a day.  I thought I was over the hang over, apparently not.  So as I play, my head is pounding and Keani is making high pitched siren noises.  How fun.  I bear through it though.


I finally get home.  The headache is still there.  It was off to bed.  I wanted to take a short nap, but it ended up being a 3 1/2 hour nap (lol).  What an interesting day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment