Monday, June 14, 2010

お盆シーズン始める (Bon season has started!)




It's that time of year again on Maui.....Bon Dance season is here.  I missed the first dance of the season.  I was too busy with homework (>_<).

Yesterday I was able to make it to the Puunene Nichiren bon dance.  Seems like recently I've been going to the bon dance less and less.  This year it will be very different.  Since joining the Nakayama Minyo Kai, things have been different.  Because our group helps lead the dances, it is good for our members to show up at the bon dances.

Because I am part of the Minyo Kai, it's hard to get any pictures of the bon dance.  I really wanted to test my new toy that I bought, but I didn't have much of a chance to play around.  I only got these pictures because it was the second time we were dancing this dance.


Two dances done.  Now, 20 more to go.  Plus there are regular classes and bon dance practices to attend.  Like Mel said, "We're gonna be danced out at the end of summer."  But at least we are having fun doing it!

Next week it's Wailuku Jodo (Friday) and Wailuku Shingon (Saturday).  I hope I can make it on Friday.  Saturday I know I can make!

No comments:

Post a Comment